PETITION: REZONE 11913
APPLICANT: NORSMAN INVESTMENTS LLC
LOCATION: 1161 US HIGHWAY 14, SECTION 7, TOWN OF RUTLAND
CHANGE FROM: RR-8 Rural Residential District TO HC Heavy Commercial District
REASON: create a 2.8-acre commercial lot for a material storage business
A motion was made by BOLLIG, seconded by RATCLIFF, that the Zoning Petition
be recommended for approval with conditions. The motion carried by the
following vote: 5-0
1. A certified survey map shall be recorded with the Register of Deeds for the new
2. A deed restriction shall be recorded on the HC-zoned lot stating the following:
a. Land uses on the property shall be limited exclusively to the following:
i. Personal storage facilities (min-warehouses)
ii. Outdoor storage (as designated on site plan)
iii. Indoor storage and repair
v. Caretaker’s residence (with approval of a Conditional Use Permit)
b. Business signage shall require a sign permit and shall comply with all
applicable restrictions of the Dane County Zoning Ordinance sign regulations.
Billboard signs are prohibited.
3. Outdoor lighting be directed downward and away from adjacent properties and
public rights-of-way, and be designed to minimize ambient light spill.
4. Limit operating hours to 6am to 9pm.
5. The parking and circulation plan shall comply with the Zoning Ordinance
requirements of section 10.102(8).
6. Any materials classified as “hazardous materials” shall be stored in
compliance with the Wisconsin Commercial Building Code and Wisconsin
Administrative Code ATCP 93.
7. The installation of off-premise advertising signs (billboards) is prohibited.
5 - BOLLIG,DOOLAN,KIEFER,MCGINNITYandRATCLIFF
F. Plats and Certified Survey Maps