number, the nature of the operation, name and contact information for the
operator, and contact information for the Dane County Zoning Division.
11) The owner or operator must keep a copy of the conditional use permit,
including the list of all conditions, on the site, available for inspection to the
public during business hours.
12) Failure to comply with any imposed conditions, or to pay reasonable county
costs of investigation or enforcement of sustained violations, may be grounds for
revocation of the conditional use permit. The holder of a conditional use permit
shall be given a reasonable opportunity to correct any violations prior to
Conditions unique to CUP 2590
13) This conditional use is strictly for Matthew Hunter, doing business as Madison
Auto Recycling, LLC located at 4281 Acker Road in the Town of Burke.
14) Owner must provide sanitary facilities such as well and septic.
15) The Town Board and Plan Commission approve the following hours of
• 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
• 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Saturday.
• No outdoor operations of any kind shall take place on Sundays or legal
16) The property must be screened with privacy fencing per photo provided in
application such as corrugated steel panels. The fence shall be painted in a
consistent color. Front fence will be 6 feet in height and 8 feet on the sides with
no fence in back where the 8-foot berm already exists.
17) Dismantling of vehicles shall take place inside the building.
18) All business vehicles and machinery shall be kept in running condition and in
19) Driveway improvements must be permitted by the Town and must be with
storm water runoff in mind. Neighbor properties must not be negatively
impacted. There shall be an asphalt apron, size and placement approved by the
Town engineer, to mitigate mud and gravel to travel out onto Acker Road.
20) Property must contain lighting. The lighting shall be direct down-lighting.
21) Outdoor signage must meet Dane County zoning requirements.
22) Owner shall meet DNR standards for indoor and outdoor storage of salvaged
23) An on-site hazardous material spill containment kit large enough to capture a
complete spillage is required.
24) Outdoor storage of salvage materials, merchandise, vehicles, and equipment
shall be done in an orderly manner.
25) The existing trees bordering the property shall be maintained and serve as
screening between the outdoor storage areas and adjoining properties.
26) All hazardous materials or liquids must be stored properly.
27) Fuel storage. All fuel storage must comply with ATCP 93, Wisconsin
Administrative Code, including provisions for secondary spill containment.
28) The applicant shall apply for and receive all other required local, state, and
federal permits including storm water runoff permits for auto repair and auto
29) The conditional use permit shall be for a Type 1 License Salvage Yard only.
30) The Conditional Use Permit (CUP) shall expire should Madison Auto Recycling
LLC be sold or leave the property for any reason.
31) There will be no car crushing at this location.
32) There will be no vehicle storage (stacking) higher than fence height in front.
33) Screening of current trees or replacement with arborvitaes in front of fence
between Acker Rd and fence is required.
4 - BOLLIG,DOOLAN,KIEFERandMCGINNITY