F. Chair/Executive Committee Report; Areas of Focus Review/Reports
Dane County Rural Cultural Resource Planning Guide Steering Committee:
- A member of Dane Arts (staff or Commission) is invited to serve on a committee of
County Supervisors that is looking at the cultural work of the county.
- This commitment involves attending a meeting once per month.
- Additional information will be shared with Commissioners via email.
Area of Focus Reports:
- Friends of Dane Arts: In order for Dane Arts to create a friends group, a nonprofit
organization must be formed. The Commission will consider moving forward and the
implications for long-term maintenance. Chair Ritcherson pointed out that creating a
friends group will need to establish credibility to reassure donors about the stewardship
of their funds.
- Community Engagement/Publicity: Reviewed in Section E.
- Arts and Economic Prosperity Study: Dane Arts has exceeded the minimum 800
required surveys and the required minimum of 160 surveys from BIPOC-led
- Marketing: Commissioner Handy has been exploring a fundraising model which will be
discussed in greater depth during an upcoming meeting. Additional marketing efforts and
ideas will also be discussed at the May Commission meeting.
- There are 5 short order applications requesting a total of $4,400 and 2 capital grant
requests totaling $4,255 which will be reviewed by Vice Chair Klehr and discussed at the
next executive committee meeting. Funds for these requests will be allocated from other
budgets within the department per Director Fraire’s discretion.
G. Executive Director's Report
See Director Fraire’s notes.
H. Future Meeting Items and Dates
The next Commission Meeting is Wednesday, April 19 at 8 a.m.
I. Public Comment on Items not on the Agenda
- Commissioner Miquelon extended an invitation to the Wild Rumpus Circus event, “Wild
Things,” on Saturday March 18 and Sunday March 19 at MyArts Theater in Madison.
- Commissioner Parks Snider shared a link to the Arts Social Change Grantmaking
Directory of Funders: