D. Chair/Executive Committee Report
- Supervisor Xistris-Songpanya is resigning from the Dane Arts Commission due to
moving to Germany where she will earn her Master’s degree.
- Serving on the Dane Arts Commission has inspired Supervisor Xistris-Songpanya to
explore arts and policy as she pursues further education.
- County Executive Parisi will appoint the next County Supervisor.
- There are several County Supervisors who have expressed interest in serving on the
Dane Arts Commission, but none have been confirmed.
- Chair Ritcherson would like to see the new county supervisor appointed to the Dane
Arts commission by year end.
E. Area of Focus Updates
Friends of Dane Arts:
- Between now and the end of 2023, Chair Ritcherson and Director Fraire plan to develop
recommendations for Dane Arts friends group bylaws to present to the full commission.
- After bylaws and other logistics are established, a 501 (c)(3) application may be
- Chair Ritcherson asked Commissioners to brainstorm potential board members for the
Friends of Dane Arts friends group.
- Commissioner Puleo Moyer recommended creating shifts for longer Dane Arts events
that require staffing when filling out the Dane Arts event spreadsheet.
- Chair Ritcherson attended the DABL Outdoor Arts Festival on September 9th and
received positive feedback from exhibiting artists both about the art market and
Business of Art conference.
- Commissioner Handy suggested examining a budget to hire Robb Hankins as a
- Commissioner Handy and Commissioner Gallagher made a pitch to Sun Prairie Bank
who demonstrated interest, but were unable to commit at the time of meeting.
Commissioner Gallagher recommended reaching out to Sun Prairie Bank again as an
early adapter once donation framework is in place.
- All prospective fund development consultants are ready pending next steps by Dane