2. Update on By Youth For Youth
BYFY is a youth grant-making program funded by Dane County. We will give them a
presentation on DCYA, they will come and present to us on the program and process,
then in March they come to us and present what they want us to fund.
3. Discussion of issues to Focus on in the Upcoming Year
• COVID-19 and School Planning
• School and Community Resources for Addressing the Academic, Economic,
and Social/Emotional Impact of the Pandemic on Youth
• Status of State Legislation (Passed by the Assembly) Discriminating Against
Transgender Student Athletes
• National and Local Discussions Related to Teaching About Racism in Schools
• Other ideas- support youth advocacy, sexual assault.
• Possible presenters to invite to meetings: Youth Voice and Vision (advocacy),
Rape Crises Center (sexual assault, consent), G-safe (sexual assault, consent)
F. Future Meeting Items and Dates
Next meeting: Wednesday, 17 November 2021, 5:30 p.m. via Zoom
G. Public Comment on Items not on the Agenda
H. Such Other Business as Allowed by Law
A motion was made by HAASL, seconded by AHUJA, to adjourn. The motion
carried by a voice vote 6-0.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Megan Meinen pending commission approval.