C. Action Items
1. Tree Board vacancy recommendations to Dane County Executive: Letter went out
11-16-21 to County Exec’s office to recommend current slate of candidates
2. Prioritize initiatives and assign roles/responsibilities
a. Potential Grant Projects
b. Friends of the Forest Recognition Program
c. Dane County Housing Authority re free trees discussion
d. Moderhock mentioned a program idea to reach out to UW Madison to have students
plant trees and do some kind of tree purchasing program.
The following priorities were added to the list during discussion
e. Arbor Day
f. Website maintenance
g. Policy Work re Tree Canopy Working Group and RITT’s Tree Canopy County
i. put forward potential policy change re mandatory tree planting in areas of new
h. PSAs and Social Media
After discussion, three workgroups were created to work on priority areas: outreach
(website, PSAs and social media), annual events (Arbor Day and FOF), policy (County
tree policy). Assignments to workgroups: RITT, Johnson, Wahl, Moderhock on policy,
HELMINIAK and EDDY (pending her approval) annual events and WEISS, WYATT,
Moderhock, Johnson on outreach
3. Taking minutes changes Policy regarding minutes from County is to eliminate detail.
Cannot do a second set of minutes to preserve detail. Everyone will keep their own notes.
4. Discuss PSA’s EDDY is working on scripts, contacting Entercom, need to spend the
money in December, Johnson has old scripts, will send to EDDY and WYATT, WYATT
will contact EDDY
E. Reports to Committee
1. Dane County Tree Canopy Working Group: Johnson and Noone reported on latest
meeting, development of mission and vision statements, possible collaboration on policy
issues where purposes match.
2. Website Working Group Reported on work. Add December agenda item to discuss
3. EANR amendments, trees and social justice report RITT budget finished for 2022, and
reported on budget amendments she introduced in EANR committee.
4. Taking minutes changes New directives indicate minutes must be less detailed
5. Arbor Day free DNR seedling trees to 4th graders. Discussed the Tree Board helping