PETITION: CUP 02540
APPLICANT: DANE COUNTY WASTE & RENEWABLES
LOCATION: NORTH AND EAST OF 3087 LUDS LANE, SECTION 30, TOWN OF COTTAGE
CUP DESCRIPTION: electric generating facility - 178-acre solar array farm
Registered in support: Bill French, Ben Tanko
Registered in opposition: None
A motion was made by Smith, seconded by Kiefer, to approve the Conditional
Use Permit with the following 17 conditions. The motion carried, 3-0.
1) Pile driving operations (during construction) are limited to between 7:00 a.m.
to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2) Seven to eight foot tall arbor vitaes or cedars shall be planted outside the
solar facility fence on the border with Hope Lutheran Church (on Dane County
property, so the solar facility will be responsible for their maintenance).
3) Areas adjacent to crop land that is not row-crops will be mowed 3-4 times per
year to keep seed from native plantings on the solar site from dispersing onto the
4) The town shall be an additional insured on a bond with the County.
5) Any conditions required for specific uses listed under s. 10.103.
6) The physical development and operation of the conditional use must conform,
in all respects, to the approved site plan, operational plan and phasing plan.
7) New and existing buildings proposed to house a conditional use must be
constructed and maintained to meet the current requirements of the applicable
sections of the Wisconsin Commercial Building Code or Uniform Dwelling Code.
8) The applicant shall apply for, receive and maintain all other legally required
and applicable local, county, state and federal permits. Copies of approved
permits or other evidence of compliance will be provided to the zoning
administrator upon request.
9) Any ongoing business operation must obtain and continue to meet all legally
required and applicable local, county, state and federal licensing requirements.
Copies of approved licenses or other evidence of compliance will be provided to
the zoning administrator upon request.
10) Existing onsite wastewater sewage disposal systems, if any, serving the
conditional use must be inspected by a licensed plumber to determine its
suitability for the proposed or expanded use. Deficient systems must be brought,
at the owner’s expense, into full compliance with the current requirements for
new development of the state plumbing code and Chapter 46, Dane County
11) All vehicles and equipment must access the site only at approved locations