PETITION: CUP 02556
APPLICANT: AMANDA CULLEN
LOCATION: 4678 COUNTY HWY FF, SECTION 6, TOWN OF VERMONT
CUP DESCRIPTION: transient or tourist lodging
In favor: Amanda Cullen
A motion was made by DOOLAN, seconded by PETERS, that the Conditional Use
Permit be approved with 13 conditions. The motion carried by the following
1. The conditional use permit shall expire upon the sale of the property.
2. Except as provided below, no more than three bedrooms on the premises shall
be rented out, to no more than six overnight guests.
3. If the landowner provides to the zoning administrator a sanitary system
inspection report, completed by a licensed plumber, which shows the sanitary
system is capable of adequately handling the additional demand, occupancy
limits may be increased. Under such circumstances, occupancy shall be
determined by the capacity of the sanitary system. Under no circumstances shall
more than four bedrooms be rented out, to no more than eight overnight guests.
4. The physical development and operation of the conditional use must conform,
in all respects, to the approved site plan, operational plan and phasing plan.
5. New and existing buildings proposed to house a conditional use must be
constructed and maintained to meet the current requirements of the applicable
sections of the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code.
6. The applicant shall apply for, receive and maintain all other legally required
and applicable local, county, state and federal permits. Copies of approved
permits or other evidence of compliance will be provided to the zoning
administrator upon request.
7. The tourist and transient lodging operation must obtain and continue to
maintain a short-term rental license approved by the Dane County Division of
Environmental Health. The use must also comply with all other legally required
and applicable local, county, state and federal licensing requirements. Copies of
approved licenses or other evidence of compliance will be provided to the
zoning administrator upon request.
8. All vehicles and equipment must access the site only at approved locations
identified in the site plan and operations plan.
9. If the Dane County Highway, Transportation and Public Works Department or
the town engineer determine that road intersection improvements are necessary
to safely accommodate the conditional use, the cost of such improvements shall
be borne by the landowner. Costs borne by the landowner shall be proportional
to the incremental increase in traffic associated with the proposed conditional
10. The Zoning Administrator or designee may enter the premises of the
operation in order to inspect those premises and to ascertain compliance with
these conditions or to investigate an alleged violation. Zoning staff conducting
inspections or investigations will comply with any applicable workplace safety
rules or standards for the site.