D. Reports to Committee
Dane County Pandemic Food System Study. The liaison team and Jess met with the
SIFT team to review the data collection and implementation plan. With SIFT moving into
data collection/implementation, updates will come via email. The next meeting will take
place in mid-October.
Food Plan WG – next efforts
- State of Dane County food system concept paper.
-1-2 page briefing/concept paper explaining the food system state of play, key issues,
talking points. To help educate stakeholders, including elected officials; inform potential
-For this, make use of: info pulled together for previous USDA Regional Food System
Partnership (RFSP) application plus Sift study results (to be finalized ~Feb 2023). (May
be able to make use of some preliminary Sift data before Feb.)
- Marcia, Jess can start on a first/rough draft, using the previous USDA RFSP
application. Reference the Sift study underway & when/what will come out of that.
- Rebecca, Taylar can potentially review drafts.
- Map out timeline of potential funders to contact; who will contact (see below).
- Pre-work for 2023 USDA Regional Food System Partnership grant
Timeline: RFP likely to be released early March; proposal due by early May.
1-page draft will be useful for opening the conversation with potential funders.
- North Central SARE Professional Development Grant- due March 2023 (Phil shared info
on this from a funded group). Federal funds (*this couldn’t be applied to the cash match).
-Schlecht - capacity-building grants
-Conversations with funders/donors who we know since this ask is somewhat outside
of/different from an RFP process.
-Map out timeline of contacting potential funders & who can contact.
Possible City/county budget amendments for non-federal cash matches for USDA RFSP
- Jess, Bill will talk about this to the Steering Committee
- Amendment process: early Oct. for City and County.
To determine funder contribution asks: Need to look at USDA RFSP budget.
Could write in a bid process for some of the partnerships for the 2023 RFSP application.
F. Future Meeting Items and Dates
Weds 9/14, 3pm, zoom
- Before next meeting, all review the budget from the previous USDA RFSP application.
G. Such Other Business as Allowed by Law
A motion was made by CATON CAMPBELL, seconded by KAUTH, that the
meeting be adjourned. The motion carried unanimously 2-0.